Tuesday, September 05, 2006

the "wife of my youth"


i've got a wonderful wife . . . and my kids have a wonderful mother. i can not express how good she is to me. with all my faults and mistakes she still sticks by my side. she supports me, stands by me, and yes, lovingly corrects me when needed. she loves to leave me surprises at various times and places. (most often when i least expect it.) a small note, a batch of cookies, an extra long kiss when i get home from work, or even a flirting look with her eyes that lets me know "she's all the woman i'll ever need." ;-)

she works tirelessly to care for our children, clean our home, and make time to present herself as beautiful as possible to me. she loves our children and works at being a good mother. she reads bedtime stories not as a tiresome duty at the end of a long day, but as an honorable privilege to impart their royal heritage as princesses. she leads her little princesses the best she knows how. (and may i add, they're turning out splendid)

now don't get me wrong, i'm not blind to her shortcomings. she does have her moments of temper, impatience, mood swings, and general "womanhood".

but nonetheless she is the wife of my youth. i choose not to dwell on the latter traits. i choose to recall the first two paragraphs and "think on these things."

so . . . i will love her as the mother of my children. i will love her as my faithful companion. and i will love her as the only woman for me. babe consider this my second wedding vows.

you are forever my lover, forever my companion, forever beautiful in my sight, forever my partner in ministry. you are forever my friend.

love,

abraham lara

// kids, this is the love between your father and your mother. never forget it. //

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abe,
That is just about the sweetest thing I've heard in a really long time. Deb is so lucky to have you in her life & we are lucky to get to see that side of you, too.

maggie said...

don't make us all cry! Deb is wonderful and you are wonderful for keeping the great things at the forefront of your mind.

On a side note, how do you know how many people have visited your blog??

Sarah said...

In response to your comment:

So are we!!